Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Awkward relationship?


Image result for salvation army logo nz

I see that Matthew Jansen, of the Care Alliance is raising again the "suicide pill for everyone under 70" argument against any consideration of physician assisted dying.

I am disturbed not so much at the repeated misrepresentation of the issues as the report that the Salvation Army is associated with this kind of statement. The Army is apparently part of the Care Alliance.

I appreciate that in matters of conscience of this magnitude one cannot always pick one's supporters or partners.  Goodness knows, I have found myself with some strange bedfellows on some protests over the years.  But I wonder if the Army might like to dissociate themselves from the argument about the suicide pill...?



No comments:

Post a Comment