Tuesday, December 29, 2015

My Journey, My Way


Image result for pills

Throughout my interesting journey with prostate cancer the greatest inconvenience has been the hot flushes caused by the medication. I reckon I've had about 38,000 of them.

 When I first went onto Zoladex we discussed the possibility of another prescription to control these side effects. I considered the new set of likely side effects and declined this. I've managed the dramatic changes in temperature pretty well with three fans in strategic places around the home. And also with a fascinating technique called "the cooling breath" practised by America's First Nation people.

Last interview, my consultant offered a new product which he thought might help and I've been taking it for nearly three weeks. It's true I have a somewhat reduced number of daytime "hotties" but I've also had long periods of unaccustomed shivering with cold. And this is right in the middle of summer! And I am having to push myself to concentrate on anything as simple as reading a book.

I think I'm not going to persevere with this stuff very long. This is "My journey, My way".  I can take it or leave it. And that's how I want my life to end, too - My Way.

Let's get the law changed.

No comments:

Post a Comment