Thursday, April 30, 2015

The Ca Pros Journey takes a new turn

A few weeks ago I received schedules for a scintigram and a CT scan in May. In the light of my astonishingly low PSA in Feb I queried whether these were really necessary at this time. So my consultant agreed that she would reconsider the scan plans if a current PSA test was still encouraging. Fifteen minutes after getting her email I was in the lab giving up yet another little contribution of blood.

The results have just come through - it's up from 5 to 12 in two months. And my testosterone level is consistently up with it. That's a bit of a shocker. So a phone call to the office and, yes, we need to go ahead with these two expensive and time-consuming tests to get some kind of a picture of what's going on.

All in all, it's a bit of a disappointment after the Feb PSA being so good. But in myself I haven't felt better in a dozen years. Another cheerful piece of news is that at least one very expensive medication has just come onto Pharmac's free list. So it looks like another bunch of pills is going to be on the way in a few weeks.


No comments:

Post a Comment