Tuesday, September 11, 2018

Thank you, Philip!



What a great piece by Philip Patston on the yestodignity website!

There's been quite a lot of talk from the nay-sayers that the Bill does not take enough account of people with disabilities. 

Philip's testimony is concise and personal:  "As a disabled person myself I want the choice, if I’m in unbearable pain or suffering in my life, to end it in a way and at the time that I choose. I think it’s really important my voice and the voice of other disabled people, who aren’t afraid of the End Of Life Choice Bill becoming legislation, are heard as much as people who are not as supportive of the Bill."

Philip says it all. Nobody can ask for more. Nobody should have to accept less. 

We have to persuade our MPs that there is a clearly defined majority of the population who hope for something to come out of the tortuous process of legislative change to make choice possible for those who wish to have it.

No comments:

Post a Comment