Monday, August 6, 2018

Ca Pros Update


It's been a fairly frenetic few weeks for this household, but the medical report is that the substantial pains emanating from the cancer in my spine in June have been abated by five targeted bursts of radiation. Apart from (almost inevitable) tummy upsets and some unrelated pain in my left ankle I've had a really good run in the last three or four weeks.

After all the stress of making a submission to the  Parliamentary Select Committee on Justice I thought it would be easy enough to chat to the local reporter of the Rodney Times. But the whole of the front cover and two inside pages devoted to her report was a surprise. And to be told by someone I'd never met that the interview and a video involving both Bev and me had gone up on the national news carrier Stuff was much more of a surprise. Do look at it - it's Bev's first venture on public media. Both the video and the text have created a lot of interest just at the time our local MP is hosting a first public forum to debate the issues.

And guess what? The MP whose lack of impartiality I have roundly criticised is billed to speak against the Bill on which, as deputy Chair of the Parliamentary Select Committee on Justice, she is supposed to be conducting unbiased Hearings. I discussed this shameful conflict of interest with the reporter and it's going to be the subject of a further news release involving other people who were more affected than I was.

In the middle of all this stuff we've had some pleasant drives in the country and have had the Leaf's annual service for some 9000kms done for $54. And that's including a wheel rotation that I ordered. This particular EV is definitely not heavy on the family purse... and giving us a great deal of pleasure at a somewhat critical time in our lives.

Now Bev has reminded me about a bread mixture I put in the machine after breakfast and I have no idea when I started it... I'd better go and see what to make of it. It looks like this loaf may get a double rising...  And as soon as that's done we're heading out for a drive for less than the cost of a cup of coffee.  Of course, somewhere, we'll buy two coffees and share a piece of cake.





No comments:

Post a Comment