Friday, February 5, 2010

Didn't I do well?


The TV1 Breakfast Weather with Tamati Coffey came from Paihia yesterday.
I’d been asked if our Residents’ and Ratepayers could be told about it the night before, so I dutifully sent off about a hundred emails.
I don’t stand around too well these days so I watched the show on TV at home and admired a great little set of vignettes about what’s going here. It was excellent promotion for our little town as we come up to what may be the biggest public turnout ever for Waitangi Day.
Afterwards a couple of people sent me congratulations on the show. I guess they thought I’d organised it all but all I did was flick off a few emails. Some other very enthusiastic people were behind the smooth presentations and we should all be grateful to them.
It’s always easy to confuse the medium with the message. Yet, of course, there’s a sense in which the small town is its own message. It speaks for itself. It doesn’t need a promoter or a PR person. It walks the talk. Rather like the small church.

No comments:

Post a Comment