Friday, December 12, 2008

The Cosmic Deity -- The Creator is the Creation; the Creation is the Creator

Retired scientist Bob Neuhauser and his Methodist minister wife Dorothy Killebrew were Servas guests of ours a few months ago and over the dinner table we got to talking about creation. I wasn’t to know that we were getting onto his favourite subject but it was a most stimulating conversation and he generously presented me with a copy of his self-published book The Cosmic Creator. I am not much of a reader but I devoured it.

Bob was a scientist – he worked on the Saticon colour TV tube in the 1960s – but has always been a “horseback theologian”. His book is analysis of creation and faith that goes beyond “California Cosmology”, and offers a fascinating new way of thinking. Not being any kind of a scientist myself, I warmed to his lucid and careful explanation of the technical aspects of exploring the universe. I found his illustrations apposite and helpful. And his personal affirmation of faith moved me deeply.

The book is readily available on the net but is quite costly and I am making up a handful of facsimile copies from Bob’s original disk. More.

No comments:

Post a Comment